Oh my, it’s been awhile since we had a Thankful Thursday around here! I have to admit, I missed it. And on this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful that it’s kinda like Friday!
The thing about a short week is, it’s rarely just the one day that feels special. The whole week seems to be impacted by the idea that everyone is taking off the same workday. It’s kind of magical (or maybe I’m just delighted by simple things).
On today’s Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for this short week because:
- Meetings have been relaxed and casual.
- I get an extra day with my main men.
- Waking up on Monday was sort of like waking up on Tuesday.
- I can have more than one post-game IPA after my soccer game tonight.
- We get to have a whole weekend. And then we also have Sunday.
- Singing Happy Birthday to America.
- Getting caught up at work since so many folks are out this week.
- Spending Friday in the Poudre Canyon.
- Grilling with friends.
- Cooking family breakfast three days in.a.row.
- Sleeping in.
- Maybe a quick Friday 5k.
- Dressing up the little one in red, white and blue.
- Waking up today was definitely like waking up on a Friday.
I hope you enjoy your short week. Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!