Happy Friday, friends!
Fall is upon us (tomorrow) and I think I’m finally ready for it.
Typically, I’m a summer person – it’s my absolute favorite season. I love the hot sun on your shoulders and deck parties. I dream of living in a place where sundresses and denim cutoffs could be year-round attire (but that means I’d have to leave my beloved Fort Collins and that’s notgonnahappen).
But, this year, I’m ready to embrace a new season. To, uhm, turn over a new (freshly fallen) leaf. Without driving into Whineville or Grumbletown, these are things currently on my mind:
- Do I have BO?
- Mushy Tummy. Mushy Tummy. Mushy Tummy.
- Is that dog hair/baby puke/food on my shirt?
- Work is CRAZY!
- I wish I blogged more.
- I’m a bad mom.
- I’m an awesome mom.
- Oh, there I go again…bad mom.
- Why is my dog mad at me?
- Hi friends, I miss you.
- I wish it was 4pm – I’m ready for Happy Hour.
- Happy Hour should be at 2.
- Happy Hour should be at noon.
- Seriously, pants? You think that’s an appropriate fit?
- I’m don’t like my hair.
- I love my hair.
- I’m unsure about my hair.
- Does my breath smell?
- Time to go for a run.
- Why did I sign up for this?
- Oooh, I should sign up for that.
- I want a new car. I want a new house.
- I want a new perspective.
- How come no one provides good customer service anymore?
- Be nice to me!
- Am I too old for red pants?
- I need boots.
- I wish I was a better writer.
- Why am I so darn forgetful?
- Do I have BO?
So, clearly, I need a clean slate. A fresh start. A new season.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m very thankful for the joys, gifts, and pleasures I enjoy but sometimes a girl gets feeling a bit…blech. And a new season (and new boots and maybe different deodorant) is just what I need.
Happy Fall! Enjoy the new season and all it brings to you!