Well, another slow workout week has come and gone for me. I swear the day I started tracking my sweat sessions to share with you all, I started working out less! Or, perhaps I’m just realizing that I didn’t run or do yoga as much as I thought I did….Hmmm?
Well, either way, it’s so helpful to reflect on my exercise habits and look for ways to improve them each week. Many thanks once again to all of you for providing me this support!
This week, I’ve been thinking about how to make my cardio and yoga sessions a bit more fun. I think it’s probably time to take a good look at my standard running playlist and change things up!
Right now, my playlist looks like this (not always listened to in this order):
- Ke$ha: Tik Tok <– I’ll never tire of this song.
- Social Distortion: Angel’s Wings
- Stone Temple Pilots: Hollywood Bi**h
- Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers: Mekong
- Dropkick Murphy’s: Amazing Grace
- The Beatles: A Hard Day’s Night
- Jane’s Addiction: Superhero
- Eazy-E: Gimme That Nut <– This is mildly embarrassing.
- Union Underground: Killing the Fly
- Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers: Easy
- Ke$ha: Your Love is My Drug
Now, don’t get me wrong, this is a very motivating list! I love me some RCPM & Ke$ha…clearly. But, it’s time to change things up a bit! I’d love your suggestions for ways to improve it. I plan to make an additional yoga playlist with softer, calming music, too. (I don’t have a yoga list at all! I do yoga in silence: lame.)
So, without further stalling, my workout schedule for the last week is below. Scoff if you will, it’s pretty light, but for two days I have the excuse of being attacked by a flying insect:
- Wednesday 7/6: Off
- Thursday 7/7: Off
- Friday 7/8: 3 Mile Run
- Satuday 7/9: 2.5 Mile Run – Shorter cause I was stung by a wasp. Ouch!
- Sunday 7/10: Off – Swollen leg from wasp sting.
- Monday 7/11: Off – Swollen leg from wasp sting.
- Tuesday 7/12: 30 min yoga
So, there ya have it. Laziness and nature got the best of me (darn you wasp!). But, now I’m looking forward to building my new playlist and going for run a later today!